Essential Oils and Viruses
Ok, so let’s make it clear. There is no essential oil that kills Coronavirus! Scientists all over the world are working their ass off to try to find a vaccine or a medication.
However the use of Essential oils can help you boost your immune system and detoxify the air in your living space.
10 Essential Oils for Fighting the viruses
Here is a list of the most powerful anti-viruses essential oil that may help us prevent the contamination:
- Eucalyptus Radiata: a powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-infectious action, which makes it extremely useful for all types of infection. Eucalyptus Radiata is an essential oil that is suited for chronic respiratory conditions and viral or bacterial infections, especially with young children. (Shop Eucalyptus Oil)
- Cedarwood: powerful anti-viral and antiseptic.
- Lemon: is attributed to its stimulating, detoxifying, antiseptic, disinfectant, anti-fungal, and astringent properties (Shop Lemon Oil)
- Basil: powerful anti-viral and antiseptic. Basil essential oil is attributed to clarify, calm, fortify, energize, and uplift the mind. It is also said to repel insects, eliminate odor-causing bacteria, soothe headaches, and relieve respiratory as well as digestive discomforts (Shop Basil Oil)
- Tea Tree: powerful anti-viral and antiseptic. Tea Tree essential oil makes an ideal hand sanitiser, natural deodorant, and insect repellent (Shop Tea Tree Oil)
- Bergamot: it is antiseptic, antispasmodic, and analgesic (pain-relieving)
- Niaouli: effective against most types of infectious respiratory ailments.
- Peppermint: has been found to eliminate harmful bacteria, relieve muscle spasms and flatulence, disinfect and soothe inflamed skin (Shop Peppermint Oil)
- Sage: address bacterial infections and spasms, eliminate toxins, and promote relief for digestive complaints. (Shop Sage Oil) ( Don’t forget to smudge Sage as well, read article)
- Thyme: White Thyme Essential Oil exhibits a powerful anti-infectious action, some people call it the perfect winter essential oil because its expectorant properties stimulate the expulsion of catarrh whilst an antispasmodic action soothes the strain of coughing, plus a powerful antiviral action helps kill off the infection.
IMPORTANT: Essential oils are not safe to consume or ingest. It can cause poisoning even if small amounts are ingested. The use of undiluted essential oils on sensitive skin or in the nostrils can irritate or burn.